Monday, February 6, 2012

All I want for Valentine's is a rose...rose gold, that is!

It is not uncommon for me to be lusting over particular pieces of jewellery. The subject of my current obsession is rose gold. Now I know what you're thinking...rose gold has long been considered to be the passé, dowdy cousin of yellow and white gold. But hear me out! While, it is true that loading your fingers, wrists, neck and ears up with the rosy-hued metal can make you look like your great Aunt, a little rosé, can add warmth and a hint of antiquity to the stark modernity of plain white gold or silver (I by no means advocate wearing rose and yellow gold together). Case in point: Tiffany & Co's divine new rose and white gold collection. Sleek, stylish and modern, with just a hint of old world charm.

I have deemed this gorgeous little pendant to be my must-have from the collection so far. (But I'm sure my must-have list is doomed to grow).



Special mention must also go to Michael Kors for his oh-so-fabulous range of rose gold watches (which can be ordered from the Bloomingdales website, just in case you were wondering). I feel that Mr. Kors gets the balance just right, using rose gold to add much-needed femininity to his oversized watches.



So, on the off-chance that I have a secret admirer out there who is wishing to shower me with adoration this Valentine's Day, take note: The way to a woman's heart is with a little blue box from Tiffany's...or a little brown bag from Bloomingdales.

Happy shopping!

Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment