Friday, March 9, 2012

Smokin' Hot!

While I'm not an advocate of tobacco, I long for a return to the days of smoking parlours. Why? Because smoking attire constitutes fabulous, avant garde fashion! Now, I'm the first to admit that the pyjama-esque lounge suits presently being heralded as the GNT (Great New Thing) by Louis Vuitton, Derek Lam and the lovely Ms von Furstenberg are a little too gauche for my liking, I am happy to embrace the following:

1. The smoker's jacket- a classic since Hugh Hefner wasn't old enough to be his Bunnies' grandfather, and more recently championed by Upper East Side villian Chuck Bass, the smoker's jacket holds a unique appeal. Quirky and androgynous, it provides a talking point...In my opinion, the bolder the better!


2. The smoking slipper- I have fallen head-over-heels for the must-have flat for Autumn/Winter 2012. My tip: Wear them with burgandy jeans, a white ruffled shirt, and fabulous black blazer. Or if you're game, team with patterned tights to give some much needed spunk to a 1950s style dress. My pick so far is this devine pair from Zu shoes.




Kat xx

No comments:

Post a Comment