Tuesday, February 19, 2013

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

With my twenty-fourth birthday approaching (a little too quickly for my liking), I was overcome by the urge to reminisce about my childhood.

What better way to remember the past than by whipping up some of the sweet confections I used to devour with gusto as a young child? Cue, the butterfly cupcake. Sweet, gooey and shamelessly girly, this little baking foray had definitely left me feeling like a child again...I even licked the spoon (and beaters) once I was finished!





NB. I'm the first to admit I'm not a 'neat' or 'pretty' cook...but I just keep telling myself the imperfections in my presentation give my cooking a slightly rustic, homely quality. Maybe that's not entirely legitimate, but as my wise mother always says, it's the taste that counts...and these were pretty delicious!

Bon appétit! Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment