Monday, March 4, 2013

On the QT

I recently had the privilege of spending a relaxing weekend sojourn at Hotel QT on the glorious Gold Coast. I have to confess, this was far from my first visit to this delightful abode, which has fast become my favourite hotel on the GC (in my opinion, better than the classic Sheraton Mirage, the opulent Palazzo Versace or the space-age Hilton).

For me, it's the delightful kitch-factor which sets this place apart. Upon arriving at the hotel, you are greeted curbside by dashing gents in lurid bordshorts and vintage blazers, and girls sporting capri pants, plimsoles and twillies. Upon proceeding to reception, you are instantly transported back to the 1970s as you are checked in by girls and boys in vintage Pan Am-like attire, looking more like extras from the film 'View from the Top' than hospitality employees (dreadful movie, but stunning visual).

Then, to the service. I've stayed at myriad typically 'good' hotels in my time, but the customer service at QT trumps them all. On my recent stay, I visited the concierge to enquire about a jet boating for myself and my friend.Within moments, we had been given a list of companies to choose from, were booked in and it was charged to our room, for convenient payment upon checkout. Speaking of checkout, I fell in love with the blowdryer in our room during our stay (see below picture and you'll find out why). Conveniently, it was for sale in the gift shop (thoughtfully known as the QTique)...unfortunately, the QTique was closed for the day. Before you could say 'beautiful blowdry' the lovely lady who was serving us had unlocked the boutique and returned with my pink new toy.
 My fabulous new blowdryer

And finally, to the food. I don't usually set much store by hotel food (particulary buffets), by the Bazaar Marketplace at QT always leaves me delighted. While the breakfasts are nice enough, with the requisite fry up, fruits, muffins, croissants and pancakes, in addition to delightful fresh smoothies and flavoured milks, dinner is a true standout. How many buffets offer steak cooked to order, tasting plates of stuffed zucchini flowers, fresh Chinese dim sum AND a sundae bar, in addition to all manner of usual buffet fare?

What more can I say? This place is truly a delight. If you still don't believe me, check out some of my happy snaps, below:
QT sign

 Picture-perfect view from our room



 
 Refreshing, complimentary lemonade delivered to your room on arrival

 Morning sun in Bazaar Marketplace

 Breakfast smoothie bar


 Vintage car out front

 Candy in FIXX cafe

 Gorgeous pool

Go forth and enjoy! Xx


No comments:

Post a Comment